So I’ve been an absentee blogger lately. But there’s a reason. For real and for true.
But it’s secret.
I’m working on top-secret recipes. Realio, trulio secret cookie recipes. Chocolate cookie recipes. With special ingredients. And patient, honest, understanding victims…er, tasters.
But I thought I could post a follow-up to some of the previous recipes. So here goes:
- The applesauce works crazy well with a mix of Braeburn and Pink Lady apples — for applesauce AND butter.
- The shortbread part of the jammy windows travels superwell if you freeze them first.
- About 5% of the jammy windows don’t form a seal and sort of bleed out. It’s gross but still tasty.
- Thanks to the fabulous Stephanie at 52KitchenAdventures and her awesome advice, her Nutella macarons ALSO travel superwell if you freeze them first. (seriously. i took 4 dozen each of the jammy windows and the macarons in my carry-on on a flight from Houston to Pittsburgh and nary a cookie was squished!)
- Cookie tables at weddings are the most superlativiest, best things ever and I think they should be incorporated into EVERY get-together, celebration, and meeting EVAR. (see the proof below)
Okay. To follow up with five things I added to the recipes and pages, I present to you stuff I’m doing that keeps me away from, well, here:
- Those super-secret recipes.
- I’m doing NaNoWriMo this month, theoretically with RouBarb as a buddy, though I have 4,048 words to her 0. (not bragging. just a fact. yeah. okay. bragging just a little.)
- I just attended one of the most fabuloso weddings I’ve ever seen. Just stupendous.
Just three. In my head, that list seemed MUCH more dramatic. Boo. And with that anticlimactic non-explanatory list, I’m off to write some more, cook some more, and purposefully ignore all predictions on election returns until I wake up in the morning and know for reals who’s president tomorrow.
Laters. And in case you don’t know the reference in the post’s title, I give you the best version of all time. It gives my actions an air of clandestineness…or clandestinity. Not sure. Enjoy.